bridge church beliefs
- the Holy Bible was written by men who were inspired and empowered
by God's Spirit.
- the truth about God and His will as it is revealed in the Holy Bible.
- there is one God, eternally existing as Father, Son & Holy Spirit,
who is the Creator of the universe.
- Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, was conceived by the power
of God's Spirit - the Holy Spirit - and was born of the Virgin Mary;
he is true God and true man.
- the Lord Jesus Christ is the long awaited Jewish Messiah.
- the Lord Jesus Christ lived a sinless life was crucified, suffered
and died for the sins of humankind; to redeem them back unto God.
- He was buried and on the third day He rose from the dead.
- He ascended into Heaven, and is now seated at the right hand of the
Father and we look forward to Christ's return to earth to judge the
living and the dead.
- through His life, death and resurrection, Jesus Christ is our only
hope for a full life on earth and eternal life.
- that humankind was created in the image of God, that they sinned and
incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is
separation from God.
- by accepting Jesus Christ through faith, we receive forgiveness for
all our sins and are redeemed back into eternal relationship with God
as His children.
- God gives humanity His Spirit who convicts us of sin, teaches us,
and empowers us to live each day Christ-like.
- in the fellowship of believers, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection
of our bodies, and everlasting life with our loving caring God.
- that God has compassion for all people and we strive, following in
Jesus Christ's example, to love everyone as He does.
- in and participate in water baptism and communion which express -
respectively - our dying and resurrection with Christ; and our remembrance
of what Christ has done for us through his passion.
-Love in action is the most important thing you can do.
-Without prayer we play God.
-Authenticity: nobody likes pretenders or hypocrites.
-The Arts are an essential part of learning, communicating, and
-Community: real life change happens best in the context of loving
-Relevance to our culture is not optional.
-Preserving unity while celebrating diversity.
-Team: many gifts are better than one.
-Healthy families make a healthy church.